FUNDAMENTALS at 6:15: Async the Right Way - Klaus Löffelmann
MAIN PRESENTATION at 6:45: DevOps with Azure and Visual Studio Online - Steven Edouard
Azure, Microsoft’s cloud platform, is growing by leaps and bounds both in terms of what you can do with it, as well as in the number of people using it. Azure and Visual Studio Online can help developers:
• Run their production code
• Manage their build, deployment, and test
• Monitor production workloads
In this session we will show you how to take advantage of the Azure platform and your free Visual Studio Online account to help simplify and automate your software development lifecycle.
We will also show you how developers with MSDN subscriptions can take full advantage of the up to $150/month Azure benefit that is part of their subscription.
Steven Edouard is one of our local Microsoft Evangelists.
FUNDAMENTALS at 6:15: Async The Right Way - Klaus Löffelmann
Come a half hour early (6:15 PM) to enjoy our .NET FUNdamentals series.
No matter where you look: when it comes to programming for modern devices like Windows Store, Windows Phone and even iOS or Android devices, you need to be up to date with the ASYNC programming pattern.
But, as fast and fluent as ASYNC can make your apps, it also introduces the risk of pitfalls, which can make your Apps unstable, what you want to avoid.
Klaus shows you how to do ASYNC the right way. You will see:
• ASYNC samples
• Do's and Don'ts
• How to use ASYNC in MVVM Libraries for code sharing in the Windows AND the iOS world
• And, last but not least, how to use your new, brushed up ASYNC MVVM-Libraries even with an old technology like Windows Forms, thus bringing the old and the new world together, and so to maximize the reusability of your code on all platforms.
Klaus Löffelmann, a VB MVP from Germany, has specialized with his company Active Develop on migrating from old to new technologies.
6:15 - 6:45 FUNdamentals
7:00 - 8:45 Main presentation
8:45 - 9:00 Raffle
Pizza will be provided before the main presentation.