Welcome to the Bayesian Data Science DC Meetup group (a.k.a DC Bayesians).
We are a community of data scientists, statisticians, engineers, researchers & entreprenuers interested in the practical applications of modern Bayesian statistical methods. Join us for friendly academic briefings, stories from real-world projects, and open discussion of Bayesian inference, tools, techniques and case studies.
We follow a conventional format of 1 or 2 presentations from volunteers in the group and/or invited experts, and general conversation and socialising afterwards. Think of us as your Bayesian self-help group in the DC Area.
Topics of interest include but not limited to:
• Bayesian Data Analysis.
• Probabilistic programming with PyMC3, Stan, Pyro, Edward & others.
• Nonparametric Bayesian methods such as Gaussian process, Dirichlet process
• Hierarchical Bayesian models
• Model checking and comparison techniques.
• MCMC sampling methods such as NUTS, HMC
• Variational Inference methods such as ADVI.
• Bayesian machine learning
• Bayesian deep learning.
• Bayesian reinforcement learning.
Call for presentations:
We provide a friendly & supporting environment to share your ideas and get feedback on your work. If you are interested in presenting, please submit presentation proposals at DC.Bayesians@gmail.com.