addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Live-Food Community Message Board › Raw Food Books You'd Recommend?

Raw Food Books You'd Recommend?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of your group. I've been a vegetarian for more than a decade; vegan on and off.
I got interested in the live/raw way of eating lately and was hoping you can maybe help me with recommending some good books..
Thanks a lot in advance!

~ Biljana
A former member
Post #: 7
You may like the book free down load I posted.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Biljana! Welcome. We had a great potluck the other day on the west side.

I have several raw books. In my opinion, Ani Phyo's recipes are the best. I have Ani's Raw Foods Kitchen, lovely book. Also when I first started out I found David Wolfe's Eating for Beauty very helpful and inspiring. It really kept me going and it actually works - I looked better within a couple of weeks of following his recommendations. Also, I use Rawsome by Brigitte Mars all the time as well, great reference book. She includes the whys and wherefores and nutrient source foods etc. Her recipes aren't as good as Ani's and Brigitte uses the dehydrator a lot but it's a great book nevertheless.

Aaron, one of our group organizers, also just created a cookbook (raw, of course) and I know from experience that everything he makes tastes good. You can pick up his book at a potluck here in the city or in Snyder.

Hope to meet you soon. Cheli
A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you guys so much, your help is much appreciated! Hope to meet you soon too! :)

~ Biljana