Watch this Video from a Moonlight Beach Cleanup
2011: PLASTIC BAGS PHASED OUT AT BEACH CLEANUPS
In an effort to send less stuff to the landfill we are asking that beach cleanup volunteers bring their own reusable bucket, reusable bag or bag(s) from home that you would throw out anyway. Also, please bring work or garden gloves to use rather then latex/disposable ones. We will continue to have gloves and a small supply of bags on hand until we can fully get the word out and look to provide reusable supplies in the future.
- Comb the beach, searching the shoreline for trash which threatens to be swept out to sea by the incoming tide.
- Key targets are the SMALL pieces of trash (plastic wrappers, bottle caps, cigarette butts, etc) and other tiny pieces that marine and land animals may mistake for food and ingest.
- In an attempt to conserve resources and reduce the use of plastics PLEASE bring gardening or work gloves and your own reusable bag or bucket. This also helps limit what ends up at the garbage dump. However, should you not have such items, latex gloves and plastic bags will be provided.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers. Wear closed toed shoes and bring Suntan Lotion. Stay hydrated and bring a reusable water bottle as there's a water fountain nearby. (There are also restroom facilities at Moonlight).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Turn it into a day at the beach. Pack along your beach gear and after the clean up, stay and enjoy a beautiful day on a clean beach!
- Bring your camera, snap some pictures of your findings and post them on the Meet Up website!
- PLEASE bring as many friends as you like, the more the merrier!
All volunteers are welcome to participate and must sign a liability waiver, but volunteers under 18 MUST have a parent or guardian sign the waiver before the minor can participate. (Please note the NEW waiver as of August 2009)
Click Here for Waiver