What we're about
You should join if you want to learn new beadwork or metalwork techniques!
LINK TO CALENDAR OF CLASSES (http://www.meetup.com/Beadup/events/)
This is a community of people who learn from each other and share a love of handwork incorporating beads and other materials. We all know different techniques, stitches, tricks, and patterns for making jewelry, wearable art, sculpture, or objet d'art. Some of us have vast collections of beads, wire, shells, yarn, cloth, bells, buttons, and other materials and are willing to share and trade. We explore stringing, knotting, wirework, crocheting and knitting with beads using fiber or wire, metalwork, weaving, sewing, and any technique we find interesting! Members are encouraged to take a turn at teaching a session (and earn $). Occasionally we invite outside teachers.
LOCATION: Meetings are held near Sprayberry High School in Marietta, GA. The space has a fun and pleasant atmosphere and is decorated in a modern mid-century theme.
Since our first meeting on April 2, 2014, we've grown quickly. We've had so much fun getting together learning new things. This is the gathering place for enthusiastic beaders and "wanna-beaders"! We do not claim to be experts. We just love trying new techniques and learning from each other.
Sessions are typically held on the second and fourth Wednesdays and Saturdays of the month.
At the end of each class, we take pictures of or work, our happy faces, and our mess!
Link here to PHOTOS (http://www.meetup.com/Beadup/photos/) from our past meetings.
1. Offline and online community to share ideas, resources, and projects.
2. Access to a variety of low-cost classes.
3. Opportunity to teach classes to other members and earn money doing so.
4. Opportunity to participate in drawings for free beads, findings, tools, supplies, and classes. At the end of each class we have a drawing for a supply item (~$5 value). Each time you attend a class, your name is added to the annual drawing (~$50 value).
5. Borrowing privileges for Lending Library (http://www.meetup.com/Beadup/pages/Lending_Library/) of craft books, magazines, and videos.
6. Access to classroom/meeting space to use for your own needs ($15/hour). Purpose does not even have to be craft-related.