Photo stories and tips for Social Media – with guest creatives
Many people can take decent photographs. Few photographers understand how to edit, sequence and present their work. Learning these skills will enable you to be a better visual storyteller and will help you to distinguish yourself from other photographers.
We will cover story structure for assignments and long-term projects, the
editing process for presentations on social media and platforms.
The workshop will also cover how to market your stories and yourself. Content and social media go hand in hand, which is why this practical workshop deals with them together.
During the workshop we are going to take &n overview of
currently popular social media platforms and the type of content best suited for them, get you started on your content strategy based on your target audience's interest and create stories that hold a lasting impression.
1. Must have a DSLR, mirrorless, or advanced point and shoot digital camera with manual and semi-automatic settings like “Aperture Priority” “Shutter Priority” with an empty memory card in the camera.
2. Submit minimum -3 photo- series for feedback. This is a great way to get feedback and learn!
3. Bring a childlike curiosity
1. What is social media (marketing)?
2. The top 6 most important social media channels, demographics, new
features and changes in[masked]. Strategy for social media and content
4. Visual language in photo series - Behaviour and tone of voice
5. Interesting topics and themes - Examples of great photo series
6. The first piece - how to get started and where to get ideas.
7. How much time to spend on each part?
Level: Intermediate to Advanced