WordPress meets the Pomodoro Technique!
This is a series of mini Sunday hackathons where we all work on our pet projects as well as compare notes and gain advice and encouragement from each other.
It should also useful if you wish to learn and/or explore Wordpress through the vehicle of a personal project.
In this hackathon we will each attempt to create, and get some initial validation of, an online startup.
When we arrive, we can buy a drink and/or a bite to eat and find the WordPress table.
Free wifi is available (though it may be unsecured) but you will need a laptop (or tablet) and your business idea.
Pomodoros will be used to help us stay focused.
I find Pomodors helpful though I am not generally disciplined enough to stick rigidly to the 30 minute cycle (25 minute Pomodoro, 5 minute break); my Pomodors tend to be for around 45 minutes with 15 to 30 minute breaks.
I suggest we try this longer variety to start with and we can, if we wish, progress to the 30 minute standard later.
And we can use the first 15 minutes to introduce ourselves and our business ideas.
Thus the schedule could be:
• 13:00-13:15 Introductions & Orientation
• 13:15-14:00 Pomodoro 1 - Define business idea using Who What How and/or the Business Model Canvas or (Social) Lean Canvas
• 14:00-14:15 Break 1
• 14:15-15:00 Pomodoro 2 - Initial WordPress prototype
• 15:00-15:30 Break 2
• 15:30-16:15 Pomodoro 3 - Initial user feedback (via a suitable social media channel)
• 16:15-16:30 Break 3
• 16:30-17:15 Pomodoro 4 - Refined WordPress prototype (in view of the feedback)
• 17:15-18:00 Break 4, (Optional Show & Tell) & Retrospective
Here and here are a few online Pomodoro timers, one or two of which we may choose to use.
See you at PomoPress!