This session’s theme is: WordPress testing environments.
This is part of a series of Sunday afternoon sessions consisting of WordPress conversations, assistance with WordPress problems, introductions to useful tools and techniques, and micro hackathons (MH).
These sessions are designed to help us compare notes and gain advice and encouragement from each other as well as make progress on our startups or pet projects.
They would also be useful if you wish to learn and/or explore WordPress through the vehicle of a personal project.
When we arrive, we can buy a drink and/or a bite to eat and find the table with the Bedfordshire WordPress sign.
Free wifi is available (though it’s unsecured and the signal isn't very strong) but you will need a laptop (or tablet) and your startup/project idea.
Thus the schedule will be something along the lines of:
• 13:00-14:00 Introductions and assistance with our WordPress problems
• 14:00-15:00 Discussion of WordPress testing (https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/testing-environment-wordpress/) and staging (https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-create-a-wordpress-staging-site) environments
• 15:00-15:50 First MH session - testing (https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/testing-environment-wordpress/) environments
• 15:50-16:00 Break & review
• 16:00-16:50 Second MH session - staging (https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-create-a-wordpress-staging-site) environments
• 16:50-17:00 Break & review
• 17:00-17:45 Third MH session - testing & staging (https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?type=term&q=staging+environment) plugins
• 17:45-18:00 Retrospective
The session is quite a long one so if you are unable to make it from the start, or stay for it all, that's perfectly fine.
See you at Sunday Afternoon Startups!