On a foggy Sept. 23, 2012 at Muir Beach, 19 Trustees launched the Circle of Trust & Beer Hiking Club as a Meetup entity.
Twenty-one hikes and more than 500 Trustees later, it's time to celebrate an extraordinary inaugural year of hills, hops and humans.
No need to sweat this one, Trustees. We'll be skipping the Climbing and Descending ... and going straight for the Drinking. We've reserved Mariners Lagoon, a picnic site at Robert Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda, for the festivities. And, you'll be happy to hear, we've also secured a beer license.
Bring your swimming gear - the mostly mercury-free Bay is just a few yards from our site. Beach volleyball, swimming (the water is considerable warmer than ocean) and frisbee-tossing is the order of the day. And feel free to bring your bike!
Debbie Bisaillon, who led all Trustees not named Brian by conquering 14 of the 21 hikes in our inaugural year, is co-hosting the event. She'll be emailing you with food or beer assignments. Manning the grills will be Our grillmasters will be Seven-hike Veteran Lloyd Phraner (fresh off his Eastern European tour) and Three-Peater Tim Boyd, who will be giving a command performance after a major-league grilling our Yosemite BBQ.
• All Veterans (5+ hikes) & Four-Runners
• Any Three-Peaters who have been active since our Yosemite Hike in May (including those who will complete their third hike on Sept. 1)
• All who attended our Yosemite Hike
WHAT TO BRING
• Please prepay $15 to defray the costs of the site rental, beer license, grilling supplies, meat, buns, condiments, recyclable plates/utensils, bottled water and ice. Your prepayment will serve as confirmation of your attendance. Prepayment is via PayPal, to Brian's account: [masked] (not case-sensitive).
• Everyone should also bring either a) a six-pack of microbrew or b) a side dish. Debbie will designate the assignments.