What we're about
***NOTE AS OF 5-17-17: CURRENTLY NOT ACCCEPTING NEW MEMEBRS DUE TO MEETUP CAPACITY, APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE***
***This is an expansion group that was inspired by Erin & Kara's meetup: Soccer for Beginners - Westside Los Angeles. Since I love their format, and am looking to play soccer more often - I'm recreating the same type of playing environment in the South Bay. The below is an overview of their meetup and game format which has worked so well, so a big thanks to them!***
Hi there! We're a group consisting of players of all levels. Some of us have been playing for decades, some only a year or two, others just starting to get into the game. Our aim is to create a beginner-friendly environment so that those who are just starting to play the game, don't get easily discouraged & continue to improve the more they play! Needless to say, the game can be a little choppy with long-balls and some passes that are not as crisp as they should be - but that doesn't matter to us as the point of it all is to enjoy ourselves, get some good cardio in, and fill our soccer quota for the week!
What We Look For in a Member
• Someone willing to play & continue to play on a consistent basis. We want you to become one of our core members every week!
• Someone who's level-headed, non-competitive, & understands that they're playing with others who are not as skilled.
• Someone who RSVPs & commits to showing up on-time & ready to play for the time allotted.
Every week we have 15 open spots available. During periods of high attendance, these spots can open up to as many as 18.
We usually have the full 15 reserved, however, sometimes we may only have 12 or 14 (Never had less than 10) depending on the number of RSVPs that week. Therefore, I've outlined the gameplay format for all scenarios:
• 3 teams of five
• 10 minutes each game, then one team rotates in (other takes rest), repeat.
• 5 v 5, 6 v 6, or 7v7 (1 team may have extra if odd number)
• 20 minute game, 10 minute break, repeat.
-Pugg goals & soccer pinnies (colored vests) will be provided.
-Bring soccer cleats (chin guards optional) & plenty of water.
-We will ALWAYS play regardless of weather - and by weather, I mean rain!
If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a message. See you on the field!