Let's ride the singletrack at Horse Butte for this autumn Hoppy Hour. The trails are in great shape and free from the sand and horse destruction that is so common here in the summer. We'll head out from the lower parking lot and do the Coyote Loop. After the ride, we can head over to Worthy Brewery or to Baldy's BBQ on the east side. For those new to the area, let's meet to carpool at Worthy Brewing at 3:15.
This will be our last Hoppy Hour ride before the time changes so we shouldn't need lights in order to ride. That being said, it would also be a good idea to bring a small light if you have one in case we are delayed by a mechanical issue. Dress in layers...too much rather than not enough!
We will plan on riding the 10.2 mile Coyote Loop with the option of extending the ride by riding up Arnold Ice cave trail for a bit if everyone wants more mileage.
Please check back on this site before heading out to make sure it hasn't been cancelled due to weather or poor trail conditions!
Ride Rating; Easy-Intermediate; Endurance Rating E2.0, Technical Rating T2
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
10.2 Miles and about 600’ of climbing. About 1.45 hours
*Rules of the Rides*
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves. BACE Rules:
• Helmet Required. Must meet U.S. CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets
• To participate you must be a member of the BACE Meetup and be RSVP’d Yes for this activity. Sorry, no guests.
• Only adults can participate.
• Participants must be self-sufficient with their own hydration, tools, spares, and first aid.
• Cycling activities may be impacted by changing conditions. Participants should monitor this page for cancellations or changes.
• No dogs.
BACE Liability Waiver
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Road Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.