Since the snow situation is not so good, let's do an easy to moderate mountain bike ride from the Maston Trailhead, which is located about 5 miles north of Tumalo off of Cline Butte Road. We will meet at 11:00 AM at Tumalo Coffee shop and coordinate rides to the Maston Trailhead on Newcomb Road We will return to the coffee shop around 1 PM for lunch.
This is a generally non-technical trail with a fantastic view in to Deschutes River Canyon. The trail is in ideal condition - no dust or loose sand. We will ride approximately 10 to 12 miles. There is a good map available at the COTA (Central Oregon Trail Association) website.
This is not a beginner ride since there will be no formal sweep. Riders should have some mountain biking experience and should come prepared with a good map of the area, tools, water and appropriate clothing.
PLEASE NOTE: As the weather can change quickly at this time of year, please be sure to check back before the ride to see if there are any changes. Provided the ride is a 'go', remember to dress warm and layer.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this Meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.