Cold nights and warm days give us a great opportunity for an early morning fat bike ride. We'll take advantage of the efforts of our friends, the snow shoers' and ride from Swampy to the Nordeen shelter and back on the multi-use trail. I don't expect many snow shoers at such an early time but as always, we'll abide by the IMBA best practices and will yield to any other trail users. As the newest trail use group, BACE members will also be ambassadors for the sport: stay polite, educate other trail users, discourage bad behavior and follow the rules. It should stay cold enough for our short ride however we won't ride if we are leaving a rut deeper than 1" .
Expect about 5 miles on a fairly flat trail. We will NOT be spending much time at the shelter except to have a quick snack. It will be below freezing so please come prepared for cold weather riding.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.