Let's ride the paved road along the Crooked River Canyon south of Prineville. The section of road between Castle Rock Campground (near mile post 11) and Prineville Reservoir (above Bowman Dam) follows the "Lower Crooked Wild and Scenic River". This one the most scenic and fun bike routes in Oregon. The route will be entirely on lightly traveled paved roads for a total distance of approximately 20 miles. A 40-mile option will be available for riders who would like to start biking in Prineville. This is an out-and-back ride.
The terrain is rolling with only one major hill. The pace will be 12 to 14 mph. This ride is not posted as a beginners ride and riders should be comfortable with a consistent moderate pace and some hills. Following the ride, there will be an optional lunch at the Sandwich Factory in Prineville which has excellent sandwiches and smoothies.
We will meet at the parking lot for Big Sky Park on Neff Road at 10:00 AM to coordinate rides to the starting point at Castle Rock Campground or Prineville.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be age 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. I understand that cycling activities can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment, themselves or others.