What we're about
If you're interested in meditation and mindfulness come to one of the free meditation classes.
* What to expect? *
During class we will learn an easy and simple meditation technique that you can practice by yourself or in a group.
We will practice 15 mins meditations twice during every class.
During the meditation class we will discuss practical and intellectual topics in an interactive way, spiced up with humor and chocolate.
* Main topics *
1. Meditation is stopping thought
2. Mindfulness: how your life becomes stronger and brighter
3. The philosophy explained behind Buddhism Mysticism
4. Refocusing and mindfulness practices for daily usage
5. The 3 Jewels of Buddhism: the Buddha, the Dharma, the Sangha
6. Dream Yoga: how to become aware you're dreaming and other practical techniques
7. Chinese Tea Ceremony
8. The philosophy explained behind the significance of past life incarnations in Tibetan Buddhism
* Teacher *
Shen is practicing meditation and mindfulness disciplines daily for over 12 years.
He has been teaching meditation classes in the US and in Europe since 2007.
He has excelled in career as a computer programmer at top companies in the Bay Area. His success is a direct result of his daily meditation and mindfulness practice.
* Who should come? *
- Beginner or advanced, everyone is welcome
- We practice the same meditation technique during every class
- It's easy to join any time
* When and Where? *
Mondays in Berkeley
University of California
Wheeler Hall, Room 24.
Berkeley, CA 94720
*Shen is also teaching classes in Oakland and San Francisco