1970 Chestnut Street, Berkeley, CA
Greeting Movers and Shakers!
Please join our wonderful community of dancers, improvisers, and lovers of life, as we gather every Tuesday evening in Berkeley for Soul Motion Practice.
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8 PM
Finnish Hall Auditorium
1970 Chestnut St, Berkeley, CA 94702
Corner of University & Chestnut, 2 blocks east of San Pablo Ave.
Soul Motion™, designed by Vinn Arjuna Marti, is a celebration of individual and community play. Blending free-form dance, embodiment practices, and an active cultivation of empathy, we allow the movement and stillness of the moment to unfold. Often blissful, usually a lot of fun, and always real. What to expect:
• A skillfully held space, lightly facilitated with an emphasis on safety, mutual respect, and fun.
• Ample opportunity to dance and play with amazing people.
• No steps to learn. Just allowing what comes naturally to arise.
• Great music, spanning many genres.
• Simple yet profound embodiment explorations designed to cultivate ease and power in your movement.
• The freedom to engage or not, according to your needs in the moment.
If you’ve been to other local conscious dance events and been frustrated by how crowded the dance floor has been, you will be delighted at how much room there is in the gorgeous Finnish Hall. We maintain a reasonable cap on admittance so you will always have the freedom for full expression.
“I’ve tried taking dance classes several times in my life, but I could never keep up with the learning of steps. So I have long told people, ‘I can't dance.’ But yesterday, I learned that I can. This was truly healing for me, and it left me feeling more deeply embodied.”
~ W. M., Retired surgeon
“Treat yourself to the deep dive of Jeremy's Soul Motion Points of View. He guides with a deft clarity and spacious intelligence of our Soul Motion practice.”
~ Vinn Arjuna Marti - Designer and founder of Soul Motion™
More testimonials here:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.