Providing all members of a society with an unconditional basic income - i.e. regular cash transfers that allow a coverage of all basic needs - is a very powerful idea that is having a breakthrough into mainstream public debates in recent years. Especially the two year pilot project in Finland has received a large amount of attention across Europe.
But it is possible to model a transformative concept like basic income? Does it make sense to explore particular aspects of it with experiments of limited scope?
We want to take a look at various approaches of past, ongoing, and planned basic income experiments from the pilots in Finland over basic income lotteries such as Mein Grundeinkommen to ideas of offering basic income in a cryptocurrency.
Public debate with inputs from:
- Saraswathi Subbaraman (Circles UBI)
- Claudia Cornelsen (Mein Grundeinkommen)
- Helena Steinhaus (Sanktionsfrei)
- Karenina Schröder (Café Grundeinkommen)
- Marc Saxer (Friedrich Ebert Foundation)
- Barb Jacobson (Basic Income UK)
- Dániel Fehér (Unconditional Basic Income Europe)