Behaviour & Emotion Design - After Work Chat, IXDS, Monday, 22.02., 7 pm
The Behaviour Design & Change Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Behaviour-Emotion-Design/) together with the Berlin Diabetes and Tech Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Berlin-Diabetes-and-digital-Technology/) is happy to invite you to the second After Work Chat (AWC) - “Designing Apps, Software and Technology That Support Behaviour and Emotion Change” (http://www.meetup.com/Behaviour-Emotion-Design/events/228577200/). The evening will be opened by presentations about design & metrics in apps, experiences in building an app that support those with chronic depression, followed by an exchange of ideas about theory, practice and experiences. People working in the field of behaviour change on a theoretical or practical level as well as those interested in these topics are more than welcome.
+++ RSVP http://www.meetup.com/Behaviour-Emotion-Design/events/228577200/ +++
Programme (work in progess)
Welcome (starts 7.30 pm)
Introduction round (15 Min)
Speakers - (3x15 Min)
"Is Anything Worth Maximizing?", Joe Edelman, independent researcher, activist, and inventor; Designing for Agency, http://nxhx.org (http://nxhx.org/) "Most startups consider themselves more successful, the more time they take from their users. Algorithms and design features are judged based on whether they increase engagement. Prioritizing engagement--often measured in clicks, views, or purchases--has brought our society to a dark place. We'll talk about what's wrong with engagement metrics and I'll present a new approach to metrics that measures a product's ability to deliver real value into users' lives rather than its ability to take time or money from users.
Purcy Marte, co-founder Arya, http://aryaapp.co (http://aryaapp.co/)
a smartphone app which seeks to help support those with chronic depression, will talk abouttheir development experiences.
Luca Murgia, Interaction Designer at DXYInteraction http://dxydoes.com (http://dxydoes.com/). Luca designs services and experiences at DXY Does. He will talk will be about how they approach behavioral design, with a focus on the medical sector.
tbc - We will always try to mix speakers from startups, academics, established companies and agencies around the topics of habit formation, decision support, peer support and supporting balanced use of digital tools. Know somebody who should speak? Email us: [masked]
All talks will be followed by a quick Q&A.
Announcements (5 Min)
Networking (starts 8.30 pm)
• What is common practice in creating software and smartphone apps that hook?
• Has anyone applied academic theory on behavior change or persuasive computing in their product development process and was it useful?
• How to close the gap between collecting data and changing user behavior
• How to design for emotional change?
• What are the ethical concern/responsibilities in encouraging sticky products
• Which methods encourage sustainable habit formation?
• Designing apps that train the user to no longer need the product: good idea or commercial suicide?
• add yours
When & Where
• After Work Chat (AWC) - “Designing Apps, Software and Technology That Support Behaviour and Emotion Change (http://www.meetup.com/Behaviour-Emotion-Design/events/228577200/)
• Monday, 22.02., 7 pm
• IXDS, Paul-Lincke-Ufer 39/40, 10999 Berlin
• RSVP - http://www.meetup.com/Behaviour-Emotion-Design/events/228577200/