This time we will be looking to the US and what you should know before bringing your startup overseas.
Topics to be discussed at the meetup:
- When does a market expansion to the US make sense?
- Who are the real purchasers of digital healthcare products- contrasts of the US vs Germany?
- Success factors and challenges for launching in the US
- Predictions on VC investments in digital healthcare, which subcategories are increasing or decreasing in US investment value
- US healthcare regulations and its effect on healthcare startups
- Rashida Bobb - Founder of BricksHealth, American, Specialist in market development & commercialization strategy for digital healthcare companies. Rashida has consulted for Pfizer, Roche, Peppermint Venture Funds and Germany based digital healthcare startups.
- Mike Doherty - American, founder of Doherty & Associates, has a long history of business development, strategy, and planning. Mike has consulted for the EU Union (Horizons 2020), Enpact e.V. and globally with individual companies. He has also worked as an investor and a lender and therefore recognizes the demands and expectations these parties bring to the mix.
- Nina Kiwit - COO at iRewardHealth GmbH, Nina Kiwit currently manages the iRewardHealth operations in Germany, which offers a self-tracking health bonus app for employees and insured persons. The app is designed to build healthy habits in everyday life situations and to help users developing a health consciousness. Previously, Nina Kiwit studied International Business and Public Health with a focus on e-health, which she is now using to further advance the path to digital health in Europe.
- Naomi Kresge, Journalist at Bloomberg LP - Naomi Kresge is a health-care reporter at Bloomberg, the global financial newswire. She joined Bloomberg in 2008 and has worked in Zurich and Berlin, covering the European biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry. She also spent two years as an automotive editor and deputy team leader, assisting with coverage of the Volkswagen diesel scandal.
The event will be in English.
18:30 Doors open
19:00 Panel discussion