Atkins Road, Clapham Park, London SW12 0AB, London
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDING THE THURSDAY DOUBLES SESSION.
1. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR RSVP TO NO WITHIN 13 HOURS( EFFECTIVELY THURSDAY 6AM) OF THE MEETUP THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY BEFORE YOU RSVP AGAIN. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE SPOT IS TAKEN UP OR NOT. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXEMPTIONS TO THIS. THE SESSION IS POPULAR AND REQUIRES A PRECISE AND KNOWN NUMBER OF PLAYERS FOR IT TO RUN SMOOTHLY. FLAKY EXCUSES HAVE ALL BEEN HEARD BEFORE😄😄😄.
2. THE FIRST LADDER CYCLE BEGINS STRICTLY AT 7.30PM. IF YOU HAVEN'T SHOWN YOURSELF BY 7.20PM THEN YOU WILL MISS THIS CYCLE BUT CAN PLAY IN THE SECOND CYCLE WHICH STARTS AT 8.45PM. FULL PAYMENT IS STILL REQUIRED.
3. WE NEED TO VACATE THE SPORTSHALL AND CHANGING ROOMS BY 10.1OPM.
4. ALL PLAYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ARRIVE EARLY AND ADEQUATELY WARM AND STRETCH BEFORE PLAYING TO PREVENT INJURIES. WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR INJURIES.
5. YOU CAN CONTACT MANI ON[masked] or email [masked] for any further information.
*****The Thursday badminton session at La Retraite is aimed at Intermediate Level and above. It attracts club and league players aiming to maintain and improve match fitness*****
Our doubles ladder format is uniquely fun and challenging.
7 players are assigned to each of 4 courts. They play 4 games with different partners in each game and are ranked according to points earned. Each cycle the top 2 players are promoted to higher courts and the bottom 2 players are relegated to lower courts.
The winner of the Ladder each season is the player who attains the highest average placing on a week by week basis. Feel free to ask more questions once you attend.
I can honestly say it's not for the faint hearted. It will bring out the competitive spirit in all players. After its done, we retire to the Balham Arms Pub and reflect.
We charge £10 for 3 hours of badminton in an excellent sportshall, with great lighting, a sprung floor which is easy on knees and ankles, great quality nets and use quality feather shuttles.
We now have 2 ladder cycles during the 3 hour session.
This will mean playing a minimum of 8 games.
PLEASE ENSURE you arrive on time to give yourself ample time to stretch and warm up as the Ladder tournament will always commence STRICTLY at 7.30pm.
All members views are valued. Any issues should be brought to the attention of the leadership team.
Enjoy your badminton.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.