InfoSphere BigInsights (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/infosphere/biginsights/) is IBM's solution to leverage the power of Hadoop (http://hadoop.apache.org/) to manage a wide variety of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data. It augments open source Hadoop with enterprise capabilities such as: performance optimization, development tooling, analytic accelerators, visualization, security etc.
SAS High performance Analytics (http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/analytics.html) has different levels of Hadoop support within the BigInsights environment. BigInsights is used as a data-sourcing environment that allows you to utilize information in structures such as Hive.
Please JOIN us to hear about this integration capability and how SAS Analytics and IBM's hadoop distribution can facilitate load on servers, storage, network and provide a simplified management of analytic data.
This event is FREE. Dinner and Snacks will be provided.
5:30 - 6:00 pm Registration/Dinner
6:00 - 6:10 pm Quick Introduction to BigInsights
6:10 - 6:45 pm BigInsights integration with SAS
- Technology Overview
- SAS Analytics Components
- SAS Architecture (In-memory & In-database)
- BigInsights leveraging SAS
- Similarities & Differences
6:45 - 7:15 pm Integration Demo
7:15 - 7:30 pm Questions/Next Steps
Please RSVP. Seats are limited.
Address: 3039 East Cornwallis Rd., Durham, NC 27709
1) Take I-40 West and take the Davis Dr. Exit #280. Turn right at the ramp.
3) Go 1.2 miles on Davis Drive to stoplight at Cornwallis Rd.
4) Go straight and enter IBM property through the Main Gate Visitor Entrance.
5) Inform security you are going to B002 Main Lobby.
6) Follow signs to Executive Briefing Centers and park at B002 visitor lot.