//Update[masked]: this event is full and registration is now closed
This is the first networking community meetup in collaboration with Preferred.AI and Seek Asia. In this meetup, Preferred.AI will provide an overview of their activities and dive into data science tools and techniques they have developed through research.
What to expect:
- Research talks on state-of-the-art techniques & methodologies for preference learning and recommendations
- Demonstrations of useful data science tools to extract signals and build/deploy recommendation models. These tools are robust and practical, and their fundamentals are backed by published research.
- Networking with like-minded data science professionals to explore potential collaborations and engagements
- Towards End-To-End Multi-Modal Recommendation Framework: An Overview by Hady W. Lauw
- Focused Crawling for the Deep Web with Venom by Lee Ween Jiann
- Sentiment-Infused Word Embeddings with SentiVec by Maksim Tkachenko
- Incorporating Side Information for Recommendations with Cornac by Aghiles Salah
- Scalable Retrieval of Personalized Recommendations with IBPR by Hady W. Lauw
Who is Preferred.AI?
Preferred.AI is a research undertaking at the Singapore Management University (SMU) – School of Information Systems (SIS). Our research activities are supported by the Singapore National Research Foundation (NRF) through an NRF Fellowship award. Website: https://preferred.ai/about/
Time: 9 am - 1 pm
Date: Saturday, 16 March 2019
Venue: SEEK Asia
Important note: please RSVP your attendance due to limited seats.
Contact person: [masked]