The summer edition of the Big Data meetup will bring some interesting international speakers and an opportunity to have a few beers together afterwards.
This meetup will be sponsored by the Contact Singapore organization (http://contactsingapore.sg/) and we will have the following talks:
• David Ho from Contact Singapore will speak about data-related career opportunites in Singapore
• Gabor Benedek from Lynx Analytics (http://lynxanalytics.com/) wil share his experiences about setting up and running an analytics business in Singapore
• Our 3rd speaker will be Vitaliy Rudnytskiy from SAP, who will talk about using and mixing in-memory and Big Data technologies.
• 18:45 Doors open
• 19:00 Welcome talk, community announcements
• 19:15: Careers@Singapore: Data Analytics - David Ho
• 19:40 A data miner in Singapore - Gabor Benedek
• 20:10 Short break
• 20:20 Big Data & Fast Data - Vitaliy Rudnytskiy
• 20:50 Meetup close, we proceed to the Anker't
• 21:00 Data Pub starts
Data Pub at Anker't
After the talks we will head to a nearby pub, the Anker't (http://ankert.hu/) (1061 Budapest, Paulay Ede 36.) and have some beers together, courtesy of Contact Singapore. Every meetup attendee will get a coupon which could be exchanged for a beer, wine, or spitzer (fröccs). Here is a map showing the way (http://files.meetup.com/6895392/ustream-ankert.jpg)from the Ustream HQ to the Anker't.
This will be an English speaking event. The venue and the refreshment would be provided by Ustream. The after-meetup drinks will be sponsored by Contact Singapore.