Let’s take a nice long ride along the W&OD trail on Saturday! This will be a 66-mile round-trip ride, for anyone looking to prepare for metric rides and trying to remember (or find out) what that distance feels like. Feel free to ride at your own pace, enjoy the scenery or the pain in your legs, and ride as many miles as you like. (It’s a straight trail, you can’t get lost!)
Distance: 66 miles
Terrain: Mostly flat (railtrail), a couple of short hills
Surface: Paved bike trail all the way
Approx pedal time: 4-5 hours, with stops along the way
Bicycle types: Any
Route: W&OD trail – Vienna to Purcellville and back
Things to see: Trail, scenery, more trail, animals, more trail
Traffic & Hazards: Other cyclists, walkers, joggers, baby strollers, scenery
When & Where:
Location: Vienna – about Mile 12 on the WOD trail (at rec center/ball fields - map might be a little off!)
**Alt Location: If you prefer to start (or end) at a different location, please email me and we can work out a plan.
Arrival & Prep: 8:45 AM
Start Pedaling: 9:00 AM
After the Ride: Food and drink suggestions welcome.
What to Bring:
• Helmet - Mandatory!
• Liquids - Please bring at least one water bottle - there are water fountains along the way.
• Sunscreen - If you need it
• Photo ID / Money - For food or emergency
• Bicycle Emergency Kit - (inner tube, pump, etc.)
• Bike lock – If you intend to stop and leave your bike
• Camera - It's always nice to have pictures to remind us of the fun we have!
Other Things to Keep in Mind:
• Please review the group's No Show Policy.
• If you RSVP "yes" and you are unable to attend, please call or text the event host.
• If you are running late, please call or text the event host w/ your ETA!
• No go if conditions are bad. This includes rain, wet roads, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, locusts, or cats & dogs falling out of the sky. ** If miserable heat/humidity is predicted, I will contact the group with alternate plans.*
Contact: Christina (Cell # will be emailed to everyone the day before the event)