We are the most active cyclo-centric multi-sport group in the tri-state area. We also love food.
We believe in and encourage four-season cycling as the healthiest way to commute and be in tune with the best our region has to offer. Every ride will include a food stop or several, as well as varying cultural, historical, or natural destinations.
We also hike, climb, backpack, camp, and enjoy water and winter sports with equal enthusiasm and vigor. If you happen to love to do all these things, you have come to the right place.
We have a strict attendance policy, and zero tolerance for any inappropriate behavior, which makes our group a safe haven for considerate, like-minded, smart and self-reliant adventurists on two wheels and in two boots.
Requirements for membership application:
1. Legal name (e.g., "Bob", "Anne B.", etc., NOT "Xxx123", "USA1", etc.)
2. A clear photo of yourself
3. All the questions earnestly answered
4. "Yes" to having read the group rules and that you agree to abide by: http://www.meetup.com/Bike-to-Adventure/pages/FAQ_-_Group_Guidelines_-_Legal_Disclaimer/
5. A membership is for ONE PERSON. You cannot join as a couple or a group.
If any of the above requirements are not met, or if your email is not reachable by organizers, your membership application will be rejected.
We have annual membership due of $5/yr to help pay for Meetup fees. Membership dues are not refundable.
If you wish to join our hikes, please read this first: http://www.meetup.com/Bike-to-Adventure/pages/Hiking_Etiquette_and_Gear_List.
If you are a serious hiker/climber/mountaineer and want more advanced mountain adventures, please join BaseKamp.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.