Join us for our second Kidical Mass Rockville ride starting at the Rockville Swim Center! The Kidical Mass rides are designed for families with young children or anyone who supports family biking. We welcome parents with children on their own bikes or coming along for the ride via trailers, bike seats, tag-alongs or any other family biking set-up you have. Find out more about the Kidical Mass movement on our blog (https://kidicalmassrockville.wordpress.com).
This is a 1.4 mile ride that is a full circle, starting and ending at the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center. We will be meeting at the indoor entrance and using multi-use trails and quiet residential streets. At the end of the ride, we'll have popsicles to break the heat a little! Check out the interactive Google Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zNfDbZRT_H-s.kGM1T48zt-x4&usp=sharing) of the ride.
We will ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider and will not leave anyone behind. As this ride is geared towards young families, the pace will most likely be no faster than 8 miles per hour and may be substantially slower. It’s a great opportunity to have a relaxed, fun ride with your family! However, if you do need to leave for any reason – child meltdown, emergency, unexpected bathroom break – you certainly can. Just let the ride leader know so that we don’t think that we’ve lost you.
We will follow all traffic laws, including stopping at stop signs and red lights. We will have a short safety presentation before each ride to help everyone become familiar with signaling and other best practices.
Participation requirements and considerations:
• Bicycling involves inherent risks and requires that participants be in proper physical condition. When you RSVP "yes" to a Bike Rockville event, that RSVP is your digital signature attesting that you have read, understood, and agreed to the group's Liability Waiver and Release, located here: http://files.meetup.com/13403652/RBAC_Bike_Rockville_Liability_Waiver.pdf
• Because you can only sign for yourself, you will also need to sign a hard-copy version of the Liability Waiver and Release in order for the minor with you to participate. You will be required to sign the waiver on the minor's behalf.
• HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders on every ride.
• We strongly recommend you also bring a water bottle, spare tube, cell phone, ID card, and cash or credit card, snacks (although popsicles will be provided at the end!) and anything your child needs.
• Rain or an impending storm at the start time cancels a ride. Wet pavement does not.
• We ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider. No one is left behind.
• Be sure to bring a sense of humor, fun, and adventure. Biking with kids is always a little unpredictable!