Join us for the Kidical Mass ride through the King Farm neighborhood! The Kidical Mass rides are designed for families with young children (younger than can go on the normal Bike Rockville rides) or anyone who supports family biking. We welcome parents with children on their own bikes or coming along for the ride via trailers, bike seats, tag-alongs or any other family biking set-up you have. To learn more about family biking and other Kidical Mass rides in the region, check out our blog (https://kidicalmassrockville.wordpress.com).
This ride is a 2.5 mile loop, starting and ending at the King Farm Village Center. We will stop at Mattie J. T. Stepanek Park in the middle. We will be using multi-use trails and quiet residential streets designated as bike friendly. The routes are designed to be safe and riding in a group makes them even safer! Check out the interactive Google Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zNfDbZRT_H-s.khqTcQgHe2S8&usp=sharing) of the ride.
We will ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider and will not leave anyone behind. As this ride is geared towards young families, the pace will most likely be no faster than 8 miles per hour and may be substantially slower. It’s a great opportunity to have a relaxed, fun ride with your family! However, if you do need to leave for any reason – child meltdown, emergency, unexpected bathroom break – you certainly can. Just let the ride leader know so that we don’t think that we’ve lost you.
We will follow all traffic laws, including stopping at stop signs and red lights. We will have a short safety presentation before each ride to help everyone become familiar with signaling and other best practices.
Participation requirements and considerations:
• Bicycling involves inherent risks and requires that participants be in proper physical condition. When you RSVP "yes" to a Bike Rockville event, that RSVP is your digital signature attesting that you have read, understood, and agreed to the group's Liability Waiver and Release, located here: http://files.meetup.com/13403652/RBAC_Bike_Rockville_Liability_Waiver.pdf
• Because you can only sign for yourself, you will also need to sign a hard-copy version of the Liability Waiver and Release in order for the minor with you to participate. You will be required to sign the waiver on the minor's behalf.
• HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders on every ride.
• We strongly recommend you also bring a water bottle, spare tube, cell phone, ID card, and cash or credit card, and anything your child needs.
• Rain or an impending storm at the start time cancels a ride. Wet pavement does not.
• We ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider. No one is left behind.
• Be sure to bring a sense of humor, fun, and adventure. Biking with kids is always a little unpredictable!