The second Kidical Mass ride will start and end at the Rockville Swim Center (the doors to the indoor entrance) and cruise around the adjacent neighborhood. The Kidical Mass rides are designed for families with young children or anyone who supports family biking. We welcome parents with children on their own two wheels or coming along for the ride via trailers, bike seats, tag-alongs or any other family biking set-up you have.
For more information about the Kidical Mass Rockville rides and other Kidical Mass events in the region, check out other events on this Meetup page or our blog (http://kidicalmassrockville.wordpress.com).
The route is 1.5 miles on off-road paths and quiet residential streets. After the ride, we'll cool off with popsicles!
Check out the interactive Google Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=1bGYSyaYqE6GuzJ_iUcVYlx1fS_0) (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zNfDbZRT_H-s.kss1L9TOe0-8)of the ride.
We will ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider and will not leave anyone behind. As this ride is geared towards young families, the pace will most likely be no faster than 8 miles per hour and may be substantially slower. It’s a great opportunity to have a relaxed, fun ride with your family! However, if you do need to leave for any reason – child meltdown, emergency, unexpected bathroom break – you certainly can. Just let the ride leader know so that we don’t think that we’ve lost you.
We will follow all traffic laws, including stopping at stop signs and red lights. We will have a short safety presentation before each ride to help everyone become familiar with signaling and other best practices.
Participation requirements and considerations:
• Bicycling involves inherent risks and requires that participants be in proper physical condition. When you RSVP "yes" to a Bike Rockville event, that RSVP is your digital signature attesting that you have read, understood, and agreed to the group's Liability Waiver and Release, located here: http://files.meetup.com/13403652/RBAC_Bike_Rockville_Liability_Waiver.pdf
• Because you can only sign for yourself, you will also need to sign a hard-copy version of the Liability Waiver and Release in order for the minor with you to participate. You will be required to sign the waiver on the minor's behalf.
• HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders on every ride.
• We strongly recommend you also bring a water bottle, spare tube, cell phone, ID card, and cash or credit card, and anything your child needs.
• Rain or an impending storm at the start time cancels a ride. Wet pavement does not.
• We ride at the pace of the slowest, smallest rider. No one is left behind.
• Be sure to bring a sense of humor, fun, and adventure. Biking with kids is always a little unpredictable!