Join us for a weekly after-work ramble through Rockville. On Tue, June 18th, we'll ride a fun 10-mile loop and visit 10 charming and unique city parks in the process.
This week's Tuesday evening ride follows a 10-mile loop route along shared-use paths and bike-friendly streets as we pass through 10 bucolic city parks. Starting at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park in King Farm, we'll ramble through the neighborhood, hop on the Carl Henn Millennium Trail, and head through town center in our quest for scenic local parks. We'll view eclectic public art and historic landmarks as we cruise along meandering bike paths, over bridges, through hidden tunnels, and past picturesque streams and ponds.
For a map of the anticipated route, including a list of the parks we'll see, click the link below. Copies will also be distributed at the ride, along with ride leader contact information.
About Our Tuesday Evening Rides
Every Tuesday at 6:30 pm during the months of June, July, and August, the Rockville Bike Advisory Committee hosts an after-work ride. (The start location changes each month.) In June, we'll begin from the King Farm neighborhood. The routes vary each week, but the rides are always casual with distances ranging from about 8 to 12 miles. We typically finish before sunset.
For more info about our Tuesday evening rides, check out this short video clip from Rockville Channel 11:
We hope you'll join us!
Bike Rockville participation requirements and considerations:
• Bicycling involves inherent risks and requires that participants be in proper physical condition. When you RSVP "yes" to a Bike Rockville event, that RSVP is your digital signature attesting that you have read, understood, and agreed to the group's Liability Waiver and Release, located here: http://files.meetup.com/13403652/RBAC_Bike_Rockville_Liability_Waiver.pdf
• If you attend an event with one or more guests, those individuals will be required to sign a hard-copy version of the Liability Waiver and Release in order to participate. If your guest is a minor, you will be required to sign the waiver on the minor's behalf.
• HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders on every ride.
• We strongly recommend you also bring a water bottle, spare tube, cell phone, ID card, and cash or credit card for emergencies.
• Rain or an impending storm at the start time cancels a ride. Wet pavement does not.
• Although no one will be left behind, we ask that you and your bike be capable of maintaining at least a casual pace of 10 mph.
• Smiles are mandatory. We dare you not to have a great time! :)