This month's Carl Henn Millennium Trail ride falls on National Ice Cream Day! Yaaaay! :) We'll do the usual 11-mile lap around Rockville's "bike beltway," followed by an optional 4-mile loop to indulge in something cold and sweet.
The Carl Henn Millennium Trail (CHMT) is a 10-foot wide multi-use path that loops for about 11 miles around the city. The Rockville Bike Advisory Committee hosts CHMT rides on the third Sunday of every month starting at different locations.
The third Sunday in July also happens to be National Ice Cream Day. So our July 21 ride will feature an additional, optional 4-mile ice cream excursion to local favorite Carmen's Italian Ice after we complete the 11-mile CHMT loop. Click the link below for a map of our planned route.
We will gather at 10 am at the Thomas Farm Community Center (700 Fallsgrove Drive, Rockville, MD). The ride will begin by heading east toward Gude Drive and follow the trail clockwise around the city. The route is mostly flat with only a couple moderate hills. We're typically back to the start point by 12 noon. The optional loop to Carmen's for ice cream should take an additional hour or so.
We hope you'll join us!
Bike Rockville participation requirements and considerations:
• Bicycling involves inherent risks and requires that participants be in proper physical condition. When you RSVP "yes" to a Bike Rockville event, that RSVP is your digital signature attesting that you have read, understood, and agreed to the group's Liability Waiver and Release, located here: http://files.meetup.com/13403652/RBAC_Bike_Rockville_Liability_Waiver.pdf
• If you attend an event with one or more guests, those individuals will be required to sign a hard-copy version of the Liability Waiver and Release in order to participate. If your guest is a minor, you will be required to sign the waiver on the minor's behalf.
• HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders on every ride.
• We strongly recommend you also bring a water bottle, spare tube, cell phone, ID card, and cash or credit card for emergencies.
• Rain or an impending storm at the start time cancels a ride. Wet pavement does not.
• Although no one will be left behind, we ask that you and your bike be capable of maintaining at least a casual pace of 10 mph.
• Smiles are mandatory. We dare you not to have a great time! :)