According to Michigan State University Extension's Stress Less with Mindfulness program,
"A person has 80,000 thoughts a day. 90 percent of these thoughts are ones we have had before, and 80 percent of these are negative."
I don't know about you, but there are times when those negative thoughts totally consume my brain and do absolutely nothing to serve me well.
Anxiety, PTSD, ADD/ADHD, mental blocks, depression, lack of focus, can't sleep, zero productivity...
And the cycle continues.
So what do you do when the books, the courses, the therapy, drugs, supplements, etc., don't work?
You've got to take a new approach.
At this month's BiohackYYC gathering, I'm excited to have Kimberly Mueller, a Registered Psychologist who specialization include health psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, and neuroscience.
Kimberly's going to introduce us to the NeurOptimal® neurofeedback device (Yes, this is the same device that Dave Asprey of Bulletproof recommends. Check out the podcast in the resources section below.).
And what is NeurOptimal®?
"Much like a mirror that promotes self-correction, NeurOptimal®‘s proprietary neurofeedback program monitors your brain waves and then provides “feedback” to your central nervous system about what it has just done. When the software detects a tremor in your brainwave pattern, it sends an audible signal that encourages the brain to “reset” and self-correct."
"NeurOptimal® is similar to physical training for the body in that it allows for flexibility and strengthens the brain, returning the brain and central nervous system to a healthier and more natural state."
This is a true biohack in getting the best results in the least amount of time.
(Definitely check out the additional resources below for more insight.)
As usual, participation is free, & our venue is the Work Nicer Co-working Space (6th floor, 630 8th Ave SW - across the street from the BMO sign. See map at right.).
NOTE: Please show up on time too. There will be someone at the front door to let you in up until a few minutes past 7:00 (as the doors lock after hours).
If you're stuck outside, text me, Burt at[masked] and I'll have someone run down as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to become "unstuck" from those patterns that're no longer serving you.
- Get a solid understanding between the pre-frontal cortex and the reptilian part of the brain - and why this matters.
- NeurOptimal neurofeedback - and how this innovative technology can help reprogram your brain.
- A new strategy and approach to self-optimization that you've probably never been introduced to yet.
WHO THIS PRESENTATION IS FOR:
- Entrepreneurs, athletes... any peak performers or someone who strives to be a peak performer & wants to really separate themselves from the rest of the pack.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to optimize their brain and be the best version of themselves.
- Anyone who struggles with anxiety, PTSD, ADD/ADHD, mental blocks, depression, attention, sleep, focus, and/or productivity.
- Those who want to stay ahead of the curve in biohacking.
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Kimberly Mueller is a Registered Psychologist in private practice. Her areas of specialization include health psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, and neuroscience.
Kimberly doesn't only do traditional talk therapy in the form of counseling, but she also utilizes an innovative technology for brain training called NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback.
She has a true passion to see people's lives transform and for her clients to experience the best version of themselves.
- Kimberly's website: www.psychologycalgary.com
- To call or book an appointment:[masked]
- Neurofeedback Research: http://psychologycalgary.com/neuroptimal-neurofeedback-research
- Bulletproof Podcast: https://blog.bulletproof.com/54-neurofeedback-technology-best-biohack-yet-with-dr-valdeane-brown-podcast/