For All the Birds lovers & Nature Photographers of our Twin Cities, this year again BSAP and GHAC are jointly organizing the Hyderabad Bird Race under the HSBC's National Support for the India Bird Race initiative.
Register at : http://birdrace.dhaatu.com/hyderabad (http://birdrace.dhaatu.com/)
Entry is free.
Put yourself in the wait list, Once you have answered all the questions, you will be moved to "yes" list
What is to a Birdrace ?
A bird race is a day long fun event where teams of 4 membersgo around the city at various places where birds maybe seen.
The Teams check a tick mark against a list of birds they have seen around and submit it for review to a panel of judges. The Team with maximum number of birds will be the winner.
(Team Bird race 2015)
(Flag off - teams for spotting birds )
(Evening function with dinner)
Flag Off: Report 6.30 am at Hotel Plaza after for collecting your log books and breakfast. Flag off at sharp 7am.
Spotting birds: For Bird Race from 7.00 to 5.00 pm.
Evening Function: Return to the Hotel Plaza by 5.30 pm. You will be disqualified if you are delayed. The list will have to be submitted to the Judges. Evening event will start by about 6.30 pm. The Venue for evening function will be conference room hotel Plaza.
Registration is a must for his wonderful event. If you do not have a team of four, you can always make teams later from members who have registered as single. The last date for receiving the entries is[masked]
Register at : http://birdrace.dhaatu.com/hyderabad
Please familiarize with the rules :
1. Each team with car will have four persons including 1 team nominated captain and this will form 1-Team. (Two motorbikes with four riders can also be considered a team). We also encourage " Green bird race" by team of 4 using public transport
2. Cars, with the Captain and team members to report at 6:00 am sharp on Sunday 21 February 2016, at the Flag-off venue
3. All teams to carry the vehicle documents and Govt Issued Id Cards for access to places.
4. Each car will be given a sticker with a bird name. This has to be stuck prominently on the front windshield in the upper left-hand corner.
5. There will be a briefing of the rules and each car will be given a logbook along with breakfast and all will be flagged off together at 7:00 am.
6. There is no entry fee. Fuel expenses will have to be shared by the participants. Packed Break fast will be given by the organising team. You have to carry your own lunch, water and snacks, including binoculars and field guides( bird book). You are welcome to take pictures, however it is not mandatory. We advise you to wear dull colored clothing, good walking shoes and a hat/cap.
7. You can visit as many places as you can – the more the better. We have also listed a few prominent places in the logbook for your convenience.
8. The cars must return latest by 5:30 pm and the captains have to submit the logbooks to the organizers at venue.Refreshments and tea will be served on arrival, which you will need badly, anyway! Please note that teams submitting logbooks after 6:00 pm will be disqualified. So, give enough margins for traffic jams and we suggest you target to reach the venue by 5:30 pm.
9. Get together evening will start by about 6:30 pm. There would be a few talks by the organizers to kick off the event. All Captains will also be required to speak for two minutes each recounting the team’s experience for the day. We expect you to make this as lively and funny as possible! This will be followed by the dinner for all the participants.
We of course expect total honesty and integrity of the participants. Despite the rules, the main purpose is to have loads of fun.
Hope to see you all in large numbers and make this event a huge success and a memorable one.
Green Team: Introducing green team this year for the group which uses bicycle or public transport for bird race. Special recognition will be given to such teams!