Welcome to the Bitcoin Meetup in Munich! We've been meeting up since 2011, organized through the bitcointalk forum, even before this meetup.com group was founded. A lot of things have happened since then.
Nowadays there are a lot of similar groups, and although we're open to all crypto-currencies and to discussions about blockchains in general, the niche and focus of our particular group is more on the public, permissionless, open and truly decentralized-distributed approaches (rather than the "private", closed, and permissioned ones that some banks and corporations are trying to implement).
Concerning future roadmaps and plans for scalability, extensibility, and mass adoption, we're certainly more versed with the vision and goals of the Bitcoin developers (rather than Ethereum's and others, leaving discussions to *their* respective camps).
Our mission furthermore is:
• Welcoming newcomers to the crypto-currency and blockchain space
• Clearing up what Bitcoin is and isn't, and what the fuzz around blockchains is all about
• Supporting projects and start-ups and giving them opportunity to present themselves
• Providing regular and continuous events for the community to get together, to network, to exchange ideas, to inspire each other, and to learn from each other
• Staying true to the cypherpunk roots of the right to privacy and informational self-determination for the individual
• Being motivated and driven by questioning and challenging long-standing societal structures, hierarchies and authorities, as well as the rather new walled gardens and silos of today's tech giants
• Constantly striving towards making middlemen redundant
• Working towards a vision of a future where technology is open, and the end user is in control of their own data in all areas of society
• Last but not least, discussing the imminent future of the financial system and society in general, and what role crypto-currencies might play right now
So just drop by at one of our events and say hello! :)
(This introduction text was last updated on January 8, 2017. The old version from a time when the whole topic of Bitcoin/Blockchain was still much more a niche and its impact was yet uncertain is here:)
Geld selber machen? Weltweit fast kostenlos bezahlen? Und alles ohne Staat, Kontrolle oder Banken? Geht nicht? Geht doch! Die Antwort heißt Bitcoin!
Die Münchner Bitcoin-Community trifft sich und lädt ein zu Austausch, Erklärungen und Diskussion zu und rund um Bitcoin. Kein Vorwissen nötig, nur eine Liebe für die Wunder der digitalen Welt. Teilweise sind auch Nutzer dabei, die Währungen tauschen wollen.
This is the meetup of the Munich Bitcoin community. Everybody is very welcome. Beginners can learn about Bitcoin, experts can teach or discuss. If you want to trade bitcoins please announce the amount in advance.
Disclaimer: No (currency) trades are performed by this "Meetup-Group" itself. Trading is a matter of the individual beings engaging in it. We do not take any responsibility when you trade - during a meeting or elsewhere.