Please note 14.00 starting time. See below for ticket info.
Bitcoin Wednesday Amsterdam on 2 March 2016 features:
• From Israel, Lior Yaffe, lead core developer for NXT (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-lior-yaffe-lead-core-developer-for-nxt/)
Lior will talk about the evolution of first-generation digital currency, like Bitcoin, to more generalized blockchain technology and Bitcoin 2.0 systems like NXT.
Lior will lead a special Developers Session with two other experienced Nxt developers starting at 1400.
• From the Bundesbank, Paolo Tasca, research economist specialized in cryptocurrency (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-paolo-tasca-economist-at-deutsche-bundesbank/), P2P financial systems and systemic risk.
Dr. Tasca will unveil some of his latest work on visualizing the emerging networks and communities of the digital currency economy. His results uncover network dynamics of mining pools, exchanges and black markets.
• Masha McConaghy (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-masha-mcconaghy/), co-founder of Berlin-based ascribe.io, a service that uses the blockchain technology to register and transfer ownership rights of digital artwork.
Masha's talk is entitled, "Physical Past and Digital Future of Art Provenance" about how the blockchain will transform the art world.
• David Pearce (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-david-pearce-nxt-foundation/), co-founder and board member of The Nxt Foundation will give a brief introduction to NXT.
• Bas Wisselink (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-bas-wisselink-board-member-of-the-nxt-foundation/), co-founder and board member of The Nxt Foundation will discuss some of the use cases of Nxt.
• The Digital Currency Revolution in Russia:
Alexander Bezzubtsev, Valery Perelygin and Anatoly Borodin (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-bitnovosti-and-production-tv/) from the video production company Production TV, are creators of Bitnovosti (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-bitnovosti-and-production-tv/), the Russian-language news program about cryptocurrency.
• And much more!
The full lineup will be published here (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-33/) as soon as it is available.
16 contribution at the door from 28 February on if you RSVP here in advance
And 20 at the door without an RSVP
All students free with a valid student ID if you RSVP in advance.
Food and Drinks
Cash bar throughout the event.
Dinner orders will be taken upon your arrival. Here is the dinner menu with prices:
Kogelbiefstuk met seizoensgroenten, friet en een champignon of peper saus
Gebakken kabeljauw met knoflook en koriander, seizoensgroenten, rosevalaardappeltjes en een witte wijnsaus
Ravioli van Ricotta en spinazie met gebakken bospaddenstoelen en truffelromsaus
Gerookte zalm met avocado, rode peper, wasabi en limoen mayonaise
Carpacio Classico 11,00
Dun gesneden rundersteak met parmezaan, rucola, pesto en pijnboompitten
Portobello en Croute 12,00
Portobello met rode uien compote, brie en honingdressing
Dame Blanche met chocolade saus en slagroom 8,00
Scroppino met Limoncello en citroensorbet 8,00
Huisgemaakte warme appeltaart met kaneelijs en slagroom 7,00
The best and longest-running regular Bitcoin Meetup in the Netherlands takes place on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and low-key gathering for anyone interested in Bitcoin.
Always held on the firs t Wednesday of every month.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to spread the word about Bitcoin (and related technology) in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.