For our next event we return to the iconic Marine Terrein, the former Royal Marine base that is being converted to a center for sustainability and innovation. It is in the heart of the city between the public library and the Scheepvaartmuseum.
Our host is Makerversity, Amsterdam's new headquarters for the Dutch maker scene.
Walk in from 17:00 on, including drinks and networking. Cash bar, Bitcoin accepted!
Pre-conference reception downstairs from 17:00 - 19:00.
The conference itself kicks off at 19:00.
At our next conference...
IOTA: A Blockchain for the Internet of Things
Dominik Schiener (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/dominik-schiener-of-iota/) is one of the creators of IOTA, which provides a backbone, fee-less payments, and a distributed ledger for the Machine Economy.
In his talk about the intersection between Blockchain and IoT, Mr. Schiener will cover some of the new concepts introduced by IOTA's decentralized network.
IBM: The Blockchain in Practice
Jos Röling (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-jos-roling/) is a senior architect from IBM with a focus on the application of the Internet of Things and the Blockchain in the energy and utilities sector.
Louis de Bruin (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/louis-de-bruin-of-ibm/) is IBM's Blockchain Leader Benelux and is currently working on a Blockchain proof of technology for the Dutch motor vehicle and licensing agency, RDW.
Mr. de Bruin and Mr. Röling will address how IBM sees the impact of the Blockchain on various industries, will take us through a number of actual implementations in which IBM is currently engaged and discuss Hyperledger, IBM’s preferred Blockchain technology.
DEBATE: ETH VS. ETC
By popular demand, during the preconference dinner we'll host an informal discussion of the recent hard fork of Ethereum, which has led to two viable blockchains, Ethereum Modern and Ethereum Classic, currently the 2nd and 3rd largest cryptocurrencies in the world by market cap.
Dr. Roberto Valenti (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-dr-roberto-valenti/) will lead the discussion. Dr. Valenti has a doctorate in machine learning and computer vision and is CTO of Sightcorp, a joint venture with the University of Amsterdam. He is currently involved with the PROFΞTH project, an Ethereum-based platform for a global fair-trade digital economy.
Miner, trader and investor Justin Bons (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-justin-bons/) will help moderate the discussion and add the miner's perspective.
Bitcoin and Blockchain Education in The Netherlands
Nathalie Drost (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-nathalie-drost/) is Bitcoin Wednesday's Head of Education, leading our task force to increase student and academic involvement in the sector.
Mrs. Drost recently completed the research project “Hybrid Banking: A Decentralized System with Intrinsic Multiple Mediums of Exchange” at the University of Nijmegen which also involved investigation into the Blockchain.
Max Kordek (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-max-kordek-of-lisk/) is one of the creators of Lisk, a fast-rising newcomer to the cryptocurrency scene that ranks as one of the world's ten largest cryptocurrencies.
Mr. Kordek's team brought Lisk from crowd sale to a market cap of more than $31 million in less than 5 months.
The Easy Way to Teach Bitcoin
Technology evangelist, traveler and teacher Niel Ryan (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/profile-niel-ryan/) is in the business of presenting information in a way that makes it accessible to anyone regardless of their native language or literacy level.
Mr. Ryan will give his talk during the reception and dinner from 17:00 - 19:00 immediately preceding the conference.
Check back again for the full program when it becomes available.
The complete lineup will be announced here (http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-38/) as soon as possible.
* Starting today, Tuesday, 2 August, conference tickets are 15,- and 30,- for conference tickets + dinner.
* In advance with Bitcoin guarantees you a place. Send a mail to hello AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com with "tickets" or "tickets + dinner" in the subject line. Include the name you used to RSVP here and your meal preference.
* At the door with euro. Entrance and seating is first come, first served.
* If and when we are sold out, we will post it immediately here.
Deadline to RSVP for dinner has been extended to today, 2 August, at 18:00. To reserve a place, please see instructions below.
* All students are free with a valid student ID. Between 18:00 and 18:30 only to make sure you have a place.
* Free tickets are also available to the first 60 people who registered.
That is everyone who RSVPed 'YES' on or before 21 July. You can pick them up downstairs at Makerversity only between 18:00 and 18:30 to make sure you have a place.
* Entrance and seating is first come, first served.
PRECONFERENCE RECEPTION AND DINNER
* From 17:00 - 19:00 downstairs at Makerversity. We meet early for networking with drinks and (optional) dinner. Dinner is served anytime between 17:00 - 19:00.
* Those who attended the last time we were at Marine Terrein, last November, will remember the delicious food we had there.
* Cash bar and dinner served (Bitcoin accepted) with a choice between:
- Oven-baked chicken with garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon and potatoes au gratin.
- Summer lasagne with seasoned beef, garden tomatoes, Bechamel sauce, oregano and two cheeses.
- Dinner will be served with the following side dishes:
Couscous salad, roasted pumpkin, grilled vegetables, olives, tomatoes, red onion, green herbs and a mixed green salad.
- Vegetarian: Couscous salad with roasted pumpkin, grilled vegetables, olives, tomatoes, red onion, green herbs and a mixed green salad.
DEADLINE TO RSVP FOR DINNER HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO TODAY, 2 AUGUST AT 18:00
For dinner you must mail hello AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com with "dinner" in the subject line to get a place at the table.
Please also include your meal preference in the body of the mail.
One of the best and longest-running regular Bitcoin and Blockchain conferences in The Netherlands.
Always held on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and informal program for anyone interested in digital currency and the blockchain.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike. Beginners, investors, entrepreneurs, developers, miners, traders, legal professionals -- all find value in this event.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to promote the industry, to spread the word about Bitcoin and related technology in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.