The 53rd Bitcoin Wednesday (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-53/) will be held in Amsterdam on 1 November, 2017.
See ticket information below.
RSVP without a ticket doesn't guarantee you a spot.
Christian Decker (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/lightning-network-christian-decker-blockstream/) is an engineer for Blockstream, one of the companies that provides funding for Bitcoin Core, the reference client for Bitcoin.
At Blockstream Christian works on the specification and implementation of the Lightning Network. He has been an active contributor to Bitcoin from the very beginning, since 2009.
Jean-Charles Dudek (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/algorithmic-trading-jean-charles-dudek-napoleon-x/) is CSO of NapoleonX, one of the first cryptocurrency asset management companies specialized in algorithmic trading.
He is a former banker with more than 12 years experience working for tier 1 banks, was previously Head of Active Protected Fund Management at BNPP AM with a portfolio of more than € 3 billion assets under management (AUM).
Alan R. Milligan (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/alan-r-milligan-white-rabbit/) is CEO of White Rabbit, a browser plugin to allow viewers to watch streaming films and smart contracts to securely pay the rights holders.
Alan is a former software entrepreneur turned accomplished film producer. The work associated with his production studio Film-Farms, located in a farmhouse in Oslo, has received prizes at the Cannes, Venice and Tribeca film festivals in addition to more than 50 other awards and nominations.
Fraser Brown (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/smart-contracts-social-good-fraser-brown-act/) is Chairman and founder of the ACT Foundation, based in Zug, Switzerland. In this role he is responsible for the development of an Ethereum-based decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) for social causes.
He has advised governments and multi-national institutions on climate change since 2010, and represented Ireland in sailing at the 2014 Athens Olympic Games.
Doutje Lettinga (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/surveillance-state-doutje-lettinga-amnesty-international/) is Senior Policy Officer of Amnesty International for human rights, surveillance and counter-terrorism at Amnesty International. Together with her colleagues, she has lobbied and campaigned to make the new Dutch Intelligence and Security Services Act as well as other Dutch counter-terrorism legislation human right compliant.
Peter Koop (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/the-sleepwet-peter-koop-electrospaces/) is a Dutch journalist who has written about the Sleepwet. He studied law and history, and has had a lifelong interest in signals intelligence and communications security.
He is one of the few people in the world who has systematically and critically studied the documents from the Snowden revelations and the press coverage they received.
Nina Boelsums and Luca van der Kamp (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/nina-boelsums-luca-van-der-kamp-of-sleepwet-nl/) are two of the students who started the successful campaign (https://sleepwet.nl/) for a national referendum against the new mass surveillance law.
Nina studies Industrial Design with a focus on the impact of new digital technologies on society. Luca van der Kamp has a degree in Computer Science and is currently studying logic, computability and complexity theory.
Please check here (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/event/bitcoin-wednesday-53/) for the full program.
Doors open at 1800, including drinks and networking.
The program starts at 1900 in the Blue Note Concert Hall.
• On sale here https://tickets.bitcoinwednesday.com/
• We only accept bitcoins for advance tickets.
• Last-minute tickets are 20,-.
• Please bring your confirmed transaction ID, email address and Meetup user name with you for each ticket. You'll be admitted with that information.
• We cannot accept unconfirmed transaction IDs as proof of payment.
• Please use your advance tickets by 19:15 at the very latest.
At the door
• Both euro and bitcoins are accepted at the door.
• No credit cards. No PIN. No other coins (yet)!
• Entrance and seating is first come, first served. Please arrive early in case we sell out.
• Feel free to donate more if you like. Or volunteer to help us: hello AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com
• No refunds. Your order is a non-refundable contribution to the non-profit Bitcoin Foundation of The Netherlands, and go 100% back into producing more events like these.
• The 5,- and 10,- early bird and 15,- regular admission tickets are now sold out.
• We appreciate feedback and questions about the ticketing process via email so we can do it better. Please mail tickets AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com, and add this email to your address book.
• Not yet. If and when we do we'll post it here first.
One of the best and longest-running regular Bitcoin and Blockchain conferences in the Netherlands.
Always held on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and informal program for anyone interested in digital currency and the blockchain.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike. Beginners, investors, entrepreneurs, developers, miners, traders, legal professionals -- all find value in this event.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to promote the industry, to spread the word about Bitcoin (and related technology) in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.