Our annual nieuwjaarsborrel, the 55th consecutive monthly edition of Bitcoin Wednesday.
Festivities begin at 17:00 and Mr. White's keynote begins at 19:00.
The right moment to reflect on the historic bull run of 2017 and the increasing role of digital currencies in the world economy.
Where are we now, almost a decade since the start of the financial crisis of 2008?
Cryptocurrency-based derivatives launched on two major futures exchanges.
A new tax plan passed that will add $1.5 trillion to the U.S. budget deficit.
Is the Euro in better shape?
"The Economics of Digital Currencies" by Lawrence H. White
Lawrence H. White (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/economics-professor-larry-white-george-mason-university/) is a professor of Economics at George Mason University and author of The Clash of Economic Ideas and The Theory of Monetary Institutions.
"Legally Binding Smart Contracts" by Arnold Daniels and Rick Schmitz
Arnold and Rick (https://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/speakers/legally-binding-smart-contracts-legalthings-daniels-schmitz/) are co-founders of LegalThings, winner of a blockchain hackathon sponsored by the Ministry of Justice in September 2017. They believe that Ethereum can only be used for self-enforcing contracts, and cannot be a stand-in for legally binding agreements.
Or check here for more details as soon as they are available.
An RSVP without a ticket doesn't guarantee you a spot.
See ticket information below.
Doors open at 1700.
Pre-conference reception including drinks and networking: 1700 - 1900
Cash bar. Bitcoin accepted all night long!
The main program starts at 1900.
After-conference drinks at the bar until 2330.
• Advance tickets 15, on sale here:
• Only while supplies last. Tickets will go up to 20,-.
• We only accept bitcoins for advance tickets.
• Please use your advance tickets by 19:15 at the very latest.
At the door
• Starting at 1700 on 3 January, 2018.
• Euro and bitcoins are accepted at the door.
• No credit cards. No PIN. No other coins (yet) !
• Entrance and seating is first come, first served. Please arrive early as we often sell out.
• Feel free to donate more if you like. Or volunteer to help us: hello AT BitcoinWednesday DOT com
• No refunds. Your order is a non-refundable contribution to the non-profit Bitcoin Foundation of The Netherlands, and go 100% back into producing more events like these.
• The new advance ticketing system is still a work in progress.
• Please mail your support questions to tickets @ BitcoinWednesday DOT com, and don't post them here.
• As long as you bring your confirmed transaction ID, email address and Meetup user name with you to the event before 19:15, you will always be admitted with this information.
• Unfortunately, unconfirmed transaction IDs can't be accepted as proof of payment.
• And, yes, we plan to accept some alt-coins.
• Not yet. If and when we do we'll post it here first.
One of the best and longest-running regular Bitcoin and Blockchain conferences in the Netherlands.
Always held on the first Wednesday of every month.
An open and informal program for anyone interested in digital currency and the blockchain.
For Bitcoin novices and experts alike. Beginners, investors, entrepreneurs, developers, miners, traders, legal professionals -- all find value in this event.
Brings together a diverse group of people from all levels and backgrounds without any barriers in order to give this important new technology a prominent role in Dutch society.
One of the goals of Bitcoin Wednesday is to promote the industry, to spread the word about Bitcoin (and related technology) in the Netherlands by raising the overall level of awareness and knowledge.