Attendance list for this special session is now closed.
Attendees have received a mail today, 11 June, from BitcoinWednesday.com, if they've been added to the list.
Join us for an open conversation with De Nederlandsche Bank about the following topics:
- What are the pros and cons of using cryptocurrencies?
- What is the ideal cryptocurrency?
- What are the typical use cases for cryptocurrencies?
- What do we think about those who speculate with cryptocurrencies?
- Under what conditions would cryptocurrencies be superfluous?
- How are cryptocurrencies used (to make payments, to speculate) ?
- What are our ideas about regulating the cryptocurrency market?
- What risks do we see in this market?
- What developments in the industry do we see in the near future?
The discussion will be led by:
Kirsten van Driel, Policy Advisor and Coordinator for Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
Leonard Franken, Policy Advisor for The Dutch Authority for Financial Markets (AFM) and a member of the Distributed Systems Group at Delft Technical University
Ayse Zoodsma is a Policy Advisor for The Central Bank of The Netherlands responsible for financial inclusion, fintech and international relations.
Richard Kohl, founder of Bitcoin Wednesday
This event is not for beginners or newcomers and open only to a limited number of participants.
To be admitted you must RSVP with your name and E-mail address and bring your photo ID to the DNB between 1440 - 1450.
We are being asked to bring a diversity of opinions as opposed to perspectives that are aligned with AML / KYC, formal security token designations and other regulations.
This event will be completely free of charge.