Who doesn’t want to reduce their tax bite?
Did you have a great year in real estate investing? Or maybe not this year, but you’re ramping up to be even better in 2018. Or are you a planner, who wants to figure out tax savings before you make your money? By the time you get to January, 2017 is over, and it’s too late to change your tax bill for last year. Or is it? And certainly we want to consider alternative strategies for 2018 to lessen that bite a little, too. Rajeev Kotyan is a Principal at Innovative Advisory Group, responsible for compliance, risk management, and alternative investment strategies. He has personally been investing in alternative investments since 1998, with his strategies mainly focused on real estate and related assets and structures.
You will hear:
• Who can have a Solo 401k or a Self Directed IRA, both regular and Roth
• Comparisons of the structures, and contribution limits
• A sample deal and how it would fare under different tax structures
• When you can collateralize your account (borrow against it) and when you can borrow from it
• What triggers UBIT (a tax on your IRA) and the small distinctions that help you legally avoid it
• Other options and when you can mix and match
• And more……
Who: All are welcome, $10 per person at the door
What: we have the best real estate investing networking in Massachusetts, and the highest percentage of seasoned investors. No sales pitches, no selling speakers, no multi-level marketing, no memberships
Where: Leo’s Ristorante, 11 Leo Turo Way, Worcester, MA
When: Tuesday, January 16, 2017 Networking starts at 6PM, program starts at 6:30PM