What we're about
This group is for women (and men) looking to share their natural hair journeys no matter if you are just starting or have been on it for years. We'll meet to discuss and show techniques and hairstyles for various hair types, share and try products and just have fun being natural. All meetups will focus on natural hair networking and highlights will include:
* Guest hair and make-up stylists to teach different techniques and provide tips to our natural personal best.
* Creation of DIY products such as shampoos, deep conditioners and shea butter mixtures. We've probably all watched the YouTube videos, so let's make some together.
* Current and new product reviews as well as the sharing of products we are currently using that we like or don't like. Used that shampoo one time and don't like it? Bring it and let another natural try it taking it home in a sample container we'll provide.
* Information and discussion about things every naturalista wants to know: How often to wash, what oils to use (carriers and essentials), what's my hair type, how often and how do I trim my hair (dry or wet), should I finger detangle or use a Denman brush or both and how do I color natural hair. The list goes one and on.....
* Children and natural hair. How to care for it and the best products available.
* Product samples
* Giveaway drawing for products, natural hair apparel and more
Our group will meet every other month starting in June with light refreshments, great music and you! Look forward to sharing and learning with my Naturalistas!
Sheree - Head Naturalista