Use the below information to help you have a fantastic book club day.
Ideas to consider:
• Consider encourage the co-ed factor in choosing a book
• Chose any book genre, fiction or non-fiction, expand our minds
• Location can be in any space (Home, Park, Club House, Restaurant)
• Discussion ideas: http://www.litlovers.com/run-a-book-club/lead-a-book-club-discussion
• Fiction Generic questions: http://www.litlovers.com/run-a-book-club/questions-for-fiction
• Non-fiction Generic questions: http://www.litlovers.com/run-a-book-club/questions-for-nonfiction
• Other thought provoking ideas for discussions: http://www.litlovers.com/run-a-book-club/read-think-talk
• Chose the current or future month you would like and send an email so you can be listed as the host - for which ever month you take, erase and edit everything above the "We're all on the same page" section below.
Please edit the Book Club Subject Title and information below by adding your chosen book and any other info needed; edit the MeetUp subject title, location (can be emailed to attendees or listed), date, time, add photo's, commentary, synopsis, provoking questions and/or what ever you like. Use the "Rules" section links for ideas.
If you like, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the "ask a question" section for those who RSVP. The Host is the only one who sees the answers.
Most of all, HAVE FUN!
............................. We're all on the same page .............................
Challenge: As you read, post nuggets of wisdom, encouragement, sound judgments, AHA moments, and things that make you say "Amen!" This will help you stay motivated, and motivate your fellow reader.
The Chat: Please come prepared to share your thoughts around the book's success principles. Have somewhat of an action plan, that will hopefully help you achieve your goals.
The Chew: Light Pot Luck or Sponsored eats.
Members who haven’t read the book
Come anyway. Not everyone can finish every book, but non-readers may still have valuable insights.
Disagreements about the book
Be gracious! There is no one way to experience or interpret a book. In fact, differing opinions are good.
Members who prefer to socialize
Discussion time is limited to the book. Book discussions are first, social members is afterward. It's a busy life so some of us have to go.
========== Past Books digested... ==========
2015 BNOC BOOK CLUBS: The Girl On The Train ~ Silver Sparrow ~
2014 BNOC BOOK CLUBS: February: Atonement by Ian McEwan ~ March: Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan ~ April: The Good Lord Bird by James McBride ~ June: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd ~ July: My Soul To Keep by Tananarive Due ~ August: Brainwashed by __ ~ September: The Color of Water by James McBride ~ October: The Moments, The Minutes, The Hours by Jill Scott ~ November: Living Single in a Married World by H. Roxanne Banks ~ December: I Never Stopped Smiling by Kevin Daley