addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Blender User Group - NYC Message Board › I just joined this group

I just joined this group

Louis
user 66231872
Sussex, NJ
Post #: 1
I just joined this group. but it doesn't seem to be too active anymore.
Jeff
MongrelFX
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 45
Hi Louis,

I've been really tied up with the day job and several other projects. I would like to plan more meetups but space to hold it where we have power, wifi, and a projector costs money. If people were willing to pitch in for the space, I'd like to organize a weekly blender study group where people could also pitch in with the tutoring. This way everyone in this study circle will force themselves to learn enough that they can teach the subject matter to others. I'm also looking to do this with the after effects meetup group to hone interdisciplinary VFX skill sets.

I'm also looking for an assistant organizer who can help me build up the Blender community here in NYC.

Regards,
Jeff