What we're about
Welcome to Blissful Biz Women! We are a conscious business collective of women.
The Blissful Biz Women group was founded by Brenda Tello-Horton in 2016. It sets the stage for Visionaries, Awakening Women, Entrepreneurs, Creatives, Leaders, and Idea Ignitors to gather, share and learn from one another about work-life integration, technology, consciousness, business and all things related to today's purpose-driven professional business woman.
We lead with the spirit of sisterhood, supporting and honoring one another in our journey toward creating our bliss. In 2018 we are focused on networking and we will highlight necessary skills and give you time to promote your business (or new business idea). Often this will be one-on-one or in small groups with the opportunity to pitch to the larger group.
Whether your bliss is a non-profit, your own business, a startup, an idea for a book or film, or a project that you are passionate about, or perhaps you are happily employed in your profession, or in a career transition - Blissful Biz Women is designed to give you the support you need by holding a dynamic, safe, and sacred space that empowers you to achieve your goals and desires. You don't have to do this alone.
We meet each month from 4:45-7:15 pm. We no longer meet at the Nevada City Winery. Stay tuned for news of a permanent venue, and meanwhile we will be trying a few different options.
Occasionally we host our Meetups at a private residence and may consider other venues that will give us more space. Be sure to check the Meetup schedule for the most up-to-date details.
Agenda for Meetups:
• Check-in starts at 4:45, Program begins by 5:15 most evenings.
• We appreciate those of you who choose to bring an appetizer to share.
• Networking (Please bring business cards, brochures, promo materials) We often have a drawing for a door prize, and you must have a business card to be included.
• Announcements, Welcome New Attendees, updates and upcoming events
• BBW Member Guest Speaker (one hour + Q&A ) Presentation, Training or Networking
• Wrap up and more Networking
About every very third month we provide networking activities or cooperative games and other months we feature speakers on topics of our Four Pillars:
• Work-life integration - how we integrate and balance our work and personal life is critical. Prioritizing health, pleasure, spirituality, family time is essential to a blissful businesswoman.
• Technology - It matters in today's digital age. Together, let's learn how to leverage it to build our businesses and work more productively and efficiently in our professional careers. Automation and prioritization is the key to avoiding overwhelm and getting things done.
• Consciousness - as we awaken to our highest aspirations, we start to deepen our understanding of ourselves, our families, our communities, and our world. This helps us become aware of how we are showing up in business and life. Mindfulness is critical to our success in business and life.
• Business - whether it is sales and marketing, or financial goals and revenue projections, or strategic planning and productivity, our speakers are seasoned and successful in their field of expertise. They also share their own personal entrepreneurial or professional journey. You will be inspired by their stories.
The Blissful Biz Woman is not only heart-centered, (right-brain), she also harnesses the power of her brilliant mind (left-brain) and understands that integrating logic and emotions make for a blissful business and professional.
When one woman rises, we all rise together. When one woman attains her wildest dreams, it gives the rest of us permission to dream big and achieve our goals. When one woman overcomes obstacles we see what is possible.
Come for the speakers and networking. Stay for the support and sisterhood. Join us today! Your first meeting is always free.
Be sure to connect with us on our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/245849939091113/) too for online networking, inspiration, and updates.
First-time guests are free to attend and see if we are a good fit. The membership for the remainder of 2018 is $25/cash or check and $27/credit card. Returning non-members: $10/check or cash at the door, $12/credit cards.
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT - Please make sure you configure your settings on the Blissful Biz Women Meetup site to receive emails from the Meetup Organizer - that's me, Jane Calbreath. That way you won't miss a single update on our events and announcements.
We look forward to meeting you in person!