This group for fans of going to movies at the theater. Specifically blockbuster and current releases. This group is NOT a classic and indy film group. We have mad respect for Casablanca and The Godfather but you can join the artsy movie groups if you wanna see those sorts of films. We see new releases and will cover all genres from a romcom to an action movie.
Do you enjoy going to movies on opening weekend, including Thursday? Do you wanna meet at a bar and chat about this summer blockbuster success and upsets? Do you have a burning desire to theorize what is going to happen in the next avengers movie? This group is for you.
While the purpose of the group is to see movies I will be hosting events where fellow movie lovers can get together over some drinks and geek out over the latest release or fanboy out over the latest twist in a movie.
For the safety and enjoyment of all our members, please observe a few basic rules:
• Three Strikes Rule: If you RSVP "Yes" and need to cancel for any reason, please change your RSVP to "No". Three repeated No Shows will get you removed from the group.
• Private Meetups: On occasion, we may have smaller movie night meetups at members' homes. You must attend at least (2)two public meetup before you are allowed to attend a private one. The host reserves the right to refuse anyone into their home.
• Sitting as a Group: We will try our best to sit together as a group. However, seating is limited in some movie theaters, especially on opening nights, so we will do the best we can.
•Flirting and Dating: This is not a dating/hookup meetup. We come together to celebrate the joy of going to the movie theaters. If you meet a member and agree to a date, that’s your business; but it’s not appropriate to send emails to members you don’t know and ask them out. This makes others uncomfortable and it’s not the focus of the group. Any reports of unsolicited dating requests will get you removed from the group right away. If anyone is making you uncomfortable please tell a group admin.
•Profile Photo: Your profile must be a recent photograph of yourself (your FACE) when joining this group. It is impossible for me to recognize someone if they have a picture of their cat in their profile. If you join the group without a picture of yourself or none at all, I will remove you from the group.
•Creepy: Don't be creepy. Seriously, just don't. If you're creepy then you will not be allowed back to an event.
• Respect For All: This group is welcoming to all types of people, no matter their background. We do not tolerate discrimination, hate speech, or bigotry of any kind. Ever.
• Movie Etiquette: Proper movie etiquette is expected. No talking, no pulling out your phone, and for the love of Steven Spielberg make sure your phone is on silent. If you're a bad movie goer you will not be invited back. (Alamo Drafthouse style rules apply to this group no matter what the theater)