addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Like us on FACEBOOK !!!!

  • Dec 4, 2013 · 7:00 PM
  • Janet Greenblatt

Hi Everyone,

We are making a big effort to keep our Facebook Page updated weekly or more often to reflect recent happenings of Bloomington Cohousing.  Please 'FRIEND US' and 'LIKE US' and you willl get these updates automatically.

There have been some major events that have been taking place.  To date, as we were just on the verge of submitting our application to rezone our property to the Planning Department, we decided not to submit it at the 11th hour.  

Marion Sinclair, Nancy Shin, our architect Marc Cornett, and I met with Mayor Krusan and Tom Micuda, on November 7th.   The Mayor was very positive about Bloomington Cohousing and also understands the issues involved with Planning requiring us to complete Short Street through to Highland before they will grant us rezoning, namely:

- Planning has not decided if Short Street should be an emergency road only or a two-lane road with sidewalks connecting Highland to Maxwell Street.

- Planning has not decided where the connecting portion of Short Street should begin and end.

- Planning has not decided if Bloomington Cohousing should be responsible for any or some proportion of the changes to Short Street.

The Mayor understood why we decided not to go ahead with the project unless these issues were settled in a way that would not place an undue financial burden on Bloomington Cohousing.  At the end of the meeting, he turned to Tom Micuda, director of Planning and said, "Give them a number."

After the meeting, we received an email from Tom Micuda stating that he would verify the
estimate that we had already purchased for an emergency road and that he would
be asking the City Public Works staff to provide cost estimates for other options to connect Short Street.  Then, he will have an internal meeting with the Mayor to make a decision going forward. At that point, they will give us direction as to how we are to proceed.

It's been two weeks and we are still waiting.  We'll keep you posted.

Please remember to 'Friend' us and 'Like' us.


Join or login to comment.

3 went

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy