addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bloomington Cohousing Message Board › A place to talk about community contracts, legal setups, incorporation, etc.

A place to talk about community contracts, legal setups, incorporation, etc.

Kevin A
kevinatkins
Bloomington, IN
Post #: 254
There's a kind of fun movie, "Commune" about the Black Bear Ranch started in the 1960s (and still going, you can even visit it). One of the things I liked about it was that they found a way to protect the land against sale or misuse, with a legal document they call the
Black Bear Ranch "family trust".

I was thinking we should collect these sorts of documents and make a fold of them here for comparison and guidance .
Ann
user 40457792
Bloomington, IN
Post #: 3
Thanks for starting this conversation, Kevin. Last week I had an email exchange with a member of the Santa Rosa Creek Commons in California. He is sending us a DVD of their Cooperative, put together for their 30th anniversary.

I will bring to the meeting this evening a print out of one of their site pages.

I hope to learn more about the reasons they choose the legal structure they did. Looking forward to further conversations with JD Thompson (a UU too) about this. cheers, Ann