The Blue Knights are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
• Provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment, education, physical, mental and social benefit of its members and the general public.
• To promote and advance the sport of motorcycling and the safety of motorcycling.
• To serve the interests of motorcycle owners and users.
• To promote by example and any other acceptable means, safe use, operation and enjoyment of motorcycles.
• To develop a fraternal spirit between law enforcement personnel and the general public.
• Enjoying the company of different people who share not only the common bond of a career in law enforcement, but also a love of motorcycles.
• Being able to visit your friends in any of our member countries and be treated like family.
• Receiving get-well cards from people you've never met. (There are no strangers in the Blue Knights, only friends you haven't met.)
• Riding with the Ladies of the Knights and Little Knights who give that added family touch.
• Going to handicapped children's camps, giving the kids rides and seeing the smiles on their faces.
• Various fund-raising activities for those less fortunate.
Working with Charities:
Many Blue Knights work long and hard to raise money for various charities. Especially near to our hearts is helping children. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Toys for Tots, D.A.R.E., and Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) are some examples of our favorites.
To qualify for membership you must:
• Be an active full or part time law enforcement officer with powers of arrest.
• Be employed by a governmental agency and receive monetary compensation, or be a retired or disabled former law enforcement officer.
• Possess a valid license to operate a motorcycle.
• Own a motorcycle or plan to purchase one within six months.
The Blue Knights is a family fraternity. Spouses and children often accompany our members to the various rides and functions. When travelling, local members can provide assistance, directions and sometimes a place to stay. We are truly a family.
Among the Blue Knight members, "There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met."