addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bluegrass Canoe and Kayak Group Message Board › flat water kayak

flat water kayak

marcia
mhopkins
Lexington, KY
Post #: 8
I saw a Perception Carolina 2006 model, 13.5 for sale. Good condition. Any thoughts on price or suitability?
Don P.
user 13711758
Nicholasville, KY
Post #: 90
My first boat was a used Carolina 14.5 (regular plastic and without rudder) that was in good shape. Was a decent boat - got me hooked on the sport. I could sustain 4mph in it for a good while (with a lot of work). Like I said, I sold it to my sister and she still loves it. The 13.5 should be similar, little slower. I paid $375 for it in Nov 2007 in a garage sale - came with a cheap paddle which I promptly replaced with the Werner Camano I still use today. At the time, had seen them on eBay going for around $550-$600. I haven't kept up with prices. I assume the 13.5 would be in the same range today. If you get it from a retailer, it would be a little more.
marcia
mhopkins
Lexington, KY
Post #: 9
It was on Craig's list and I hope to be able to look at it today. Thanks for hanging back with me yesterday. I need to get stronger, and maybe paddle something that's not a bath tub when I'm with this group.