addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Singapore Boardgames Meetup Message Board Town Crier › Games Night @ Toa Payoh Central CC - 8 Aug (Sat) 6-10pm

Games Night @ Toa Payoh Central CC - 8 Aug (Sat) 6-10pm

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 119
i wanna go earlier but no games to play leh~~ haizzz
Tianyun
Tianyun
Singapore, SG
Post #: 80
Haaha, you try to get some of the gurus here to go earlier ba, if not you can always play uno with me tongue

Eh, so will Yeow be bringing Starcraft for you?
Xianlong
user 2652966
Singapore, SG
Post #: 33
Good to organise a session in toa payoh. An alternative to nearby residents than becoming a part of the locusts swarms of people descending on places like ion, vivo etc

There are other ways to prove a successful event than just capturing people's info through registration. Stupid bureaucracy in C.C's work culture. Staff can simply spotcheck your group in the room anytime to see the no. of people. You can record video & take photos with cellphone too.

You are hiding behind a picture of a kiddy girl. What makes you think strangers would provide you with sensitive info?

Personally i consider it too much at risk with these registration info for a gaming session.

Register Free:
Your registration will help us to make Games Night sustainable. To be considered as a successful event, we need to try to get 25 registered pax (not sure can come or not nevermind! Register first). You can register over the CC office counter (latest on the actual day) If you would like to register through me (so to reduce crowds at the registration counter), please email me (tin797 @yahoo.com.sg) with the following data:

1. Full Name (real name, not username)
Some people don't even dare use their name on this boardgaming meetup & used a nick instead. What makes you think they are comfortable revealing their name & even worse the below data?

2. NRIC
3. Date of Birth
4. Email address
5. Contact number (hp preferred so that I can sms you)
6. Home address

If you happened to be a PAssioncard member, all the above datas are already in the PA system, so you only need to give me your name and IC.

problem with registering with foreign passport, then don't register also okay. (otherwise must register)
I can't imagine how SOG can take off if RC chairman tell Ken that he need to register us with these info.
Tianyun
Tianyun
Singapore, SG
Post #: 81
Hello Xianlong, thanks for your comment.

"Personally i consider it too much at risk with these registration info for a gaming session."
If you are using Internet Explorer you may register directly online, CC is under PA, if you have an IC, if they need to they can have all your sensitive data anyway.

"There are other ways to prove a successful event than just capturing people's info through registration. Stupid bureaucracy in C.C's work culture. Staff can simply spotcheck your group in the room anytime to see the no. of people. You can record video & take photos with cellphone too."
Hmm... I should not have said it that way, very unfair to the CC I will go change it now. Registration is not just for CC, I myself would like those who come to register (please provide at least one form of contact), so that I will be able inform them of future meetup, so as to sustain this event and friendship. I am unable to contact them via photos.

"You are hiding behind a picture of a kiddy girl."
"Some people don't even dare use their name on this boardgaming meetup & used a nick instead."
Sorry my profile pic is a bit dated (I now have short hair), I just happened to like that photo. But I am not hiding behind it, and those who came on 29th saw me in person, and they do have real names and are definitely not the "some people" you were talking about. And not to mention Tianyun is my real name. BTW, it is pronounced as 恬(tian2)韵(yun4), it is NOT 天云.

To all strangers who have sent me your sensitive data, thanks for your trust, I am only using it to help with pre-registering as suggested by EternaSky, this is to help ease some crowds at the counters (so that the staff can come and spot check like you've said). I understand all the datas are private and confidential. (but I will email or sms you to remind you of coming meetup, please let me know if that bothers you, and I will stop) I am also preparing names labels for participants to help each of us remember names, if anyone of you do not wish to reveal your real name during the meetup, please let me know (or you just don't stick the labels, can remain mysterious)

"I can't imagine how SOG can take off if RC chairman tell Ken that he need to register us with these info."
Xianlong, you must be a supporter of SOG, good, because I will be there, see you (face to face) soon.

恬韵
Keefe
Keefe
Singapore, SG
Post #: 142
Firstly, I think we should be appreciate of what Tianyun is doing. Does it matter whether he or she has a picture of a little girl? What if it is the person herself? What if it is his or her daughter? I guess its a crime to put your picture of your own daughter or your own photo? Plus I'm sure people will have the freedom to decide whether they want to go for the event. If you want to go for the event, then do what is required by the organiser. I think that is the least we can do to help him. Please do not just flame people for the sake of releasing your anger from what kind of nonsensical problems your face in life.

If you have a problem deal with it. Stop spoiling the goodwill in this thread. I'm quite sick and tired of your flaming. If you have nothing good to say, please refrain from making any comments. I would urge you to make an apology to Tianyun.
Tianyun
Tianyun
Singapore, SG
Post #: 82
haaha thanks Keefe, but I am female, although too old to be considered as a little girl (It must be the angle of that photo and the illusion of playing the Jenga, I was already very old in that photo. I think I better change it.)

And I think Xianlong's comment will help me increase the viewership of this thread and I can foresee a sharp increase in registration tmw. wink
Keefe
Keefe
Singapore, SG
Post #: 143
Sorry about the mix up with your gender. Your Chinese name seemed to sound like a male to me. Pardon my poor command of Chinese. I feel that you should put any photo you wish to put as long as it does not infringe on the meetup requirements. Please do not pay heed to people's comments. Be yourself and not be ruled by others.

As for his comments, I have nothing else to say other than to request that he keep his distasteful comments to himself. It is getting really out of hand.
Tianyun
Tianyun
Singapore, SG
Post #: 83
I see, no problem, and thanks ya!
Nitaka
Nitaka
Singapore, SG
Post #: 7
Let's move on! some things are just worth ignoring

BTW, I'll bring one of the following so pls vote/choose?

vote(1) 1) Cash and Guns + Yakuza (beginner)
vote(0) 2) Smallworld (beginner -> Intermediate)
vote(0) 3) Cash a Catch (beginner)
vote(0) 4) Winners' Circle (beginner)
vote(1) 5) Pillars of the Earth + Expansion (intermediate)
vote(0) 6) Senji (not for beginners)
vote(0) 7) Cavum (need more experience playing this; intermediate -> hard)
vote(0) 8) 27/7 (simple filler, beginner, basic math skill needed, not for kindergarten)
vote(0) 9) Battlestar Galactica (Intermediate -> hard)
vote(0) 10) Wasabi! (beginner)
vote(0) 11) Jenga Max (n/a in SG as far as I know, it uses magnet; it's Jenga, how hard can it be?)
vote(0) 12) Thurn und Taxis (intermediate -> hard)
vote(0) 13) Cartagena 2 (the followup for Cartagena, simple, basic)
vote(0) 14) Anima, Shadow of Omega (card game, RPG, beginner)
vote(0) 15) myself (rated R21)

I vote Pillars of the earth and Thurn and Taxis!! Haven't played before biggrin

Ur of P.
Ur_of_Persia
Singapore, SG
Post #: 498
one more game to add:

Perudo

I will bring it as well. :)