Nathan Spataro and Max Kaye have created the SecureVote (https://secure.vote/) platform that provides security, integrity and anonymity of voting using cryptography and blockchain technology.
Max will be explaining, answering questions, and discussing how their digital secret digital ballot works. And they claim that it is the only highly scalable, trustless, fully p2p vote anonymisation algorithm known. Discussion on evoting in general is welcome.
And according to time and demand we'll also discuss smart contract architecture for complex, upgradable systems - with examples.
If you're curious, see the 18 month old post on SecureVote's vote anonymisation. There has been further improvements since then but https://gitlab.com/exo-one/svst-docker/blob/master/svst-docs/secure.vote.white.knapkin.md#anonymous-voting is pretty accurate.
tl;dr is a double round oblivious shuffle similar to how its used in coinshuffle
You can find SecureVote's smart contracts at https://github.com/secure-vote/sv-light-smart-contracts .
As usual, please bring your laptop along as this session may involve some practical work.
• Please don't share any of your confidential ideas as this is an open workshop
• The workshops are often recorded on video and audio, and may be published on the internet. By attending, you agree that you give your consent to be recorded
• There are open source and open community etiquettes you should abide by including attributing the source of works you build upon and not "stealing" another person's project/idea for commercial gains
Ropsten Testnet Ethers:
• You can transfer Ropsten Testnet ethers (RtETH) from my account 0xD8C2eEe8D6a390932Ca4fdC46aaE38a8056FeA4f (https://ropsten.etherscan.io/address/0xD8C2eEe8D6a390932Ca4fdC46aaE38a8056FeA4f) using the private key `a19f68b6a1e08d7984b727451bf81991d6ae85c60310ca10e5b9a7a6a1ccb355` to unlock my account and transfer a few RtETH into your own Ropsten account
•• Don't mix up your Testnet account with your Mainnet account
• Meet 10 minutes before the start at 16:50, in the lobby of 155 Clarence Street, Sydney
• If arriving later, please ping the BokkyPooBah's Ethereum Workshop Chat (https://t.me/joinchat/E_iAH0wa_um6CoEXr0mXMg) group and someone will come down to get you
• Bring your hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S or Trezor) just in case you need to use it
• There will be some refreshments. Donations to cover expenses: $30 (those who can afford it), $20 (those who can almost afford it), $0 (those who really cannot afford it).
• The topic details for these workshops can change up to the last minute
• If you have successfully RSVPed or are on the waitlist, please review your RSVP status and cancel your RSVP/waitlist ASAP if you cannot make it to free up the spot for other people
• People from Tyro do not have to RSVP
• This workshop will be repeated to cater for the demand